The Partnership for Children offers several services that benefit young children and their families:
- Resource center: Our resource centers are filled with books, toys and activities for your child, as well as helpful resources for parents and teachers.
- Child Care Resources: Our technical assistance staff work to bring the highest quality to our local child care centers and home facilities. In addition, our Child Care Health Consultant is a registered nurse who oversees health and safety initiatives, from hand washing to nourishment.
- Parents as Teachers: Our Parent Educators are available to come to your home and give you new educational activities to do with your child. They also schedule frequent play groups for parents and children around Lenoir and Greene Counties.
- Family Literacy: Parents who would like to earn their GED or learn English are invited to join Family Literacy, where skilled teachers will help them meet their goals, while their young children are close-by in a quality child care program. There is also time allotted for parents to interact with their children in the child’s classroom.
- North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten: Our high quality pre-kindergarten program is available to help prepare your child for kindergarten.
- Three-School Program: Our high quality pre-kindergarten program specifically for 3 year olds is modeled after North Carolina Pre-K.
- The Partnership Press: Our bi-monthly newsletter keeps you up-to-date on child care information, activities for you to do with your child, and local events for children and families. If you would like to be added to our electronic mailing list, please call 252-939-1200.
If these services don’t meet your needs, call us and we can direct you to the right person or agency.
Are you looking for activities to do with your children? Check out www.familytlc.net for a great variety of games, crafts and other fun and educational ways to spend time with your children.